52Mm UV Fit & Slim Marumi Filter
The Marumi FIT+SLIM Lens Protector is a basic model Protector with the thinnest & light-weight flame structure.
- High transmittance approximately 99.1% (400-700nm average rate)
- Eight layers of Anti-reflection coating sustains a reflection rate 0.6% (420-680nm average)
- Realized an ultra-thin aluminum frame to avoid vignetting even with a wide-angle lens
- Ultra-lightweight glass and mount structure
- Made in Japan
What is the benefit of using a Lens Protector?
Does it affect image quality? Why Lens Protector instead of UV?
A Lens Protect filter allows you to;
- purely protects your delicate and expensive camera lens from dust, fingerprint, scratches, or, more importantly, from physical shock and damages without affecting image quality.
Many photographers attach a UV filter predominantly in terms of protection. However, a UV filter is designed primarily for UV Protection by optical significance.
It does provide a certain degree of physical protection, such as avoiding scratches in the result. This protective function is contingent on UV Cut.
If your intention is purely to protect your camera and lens from physical damage or mechanical shock, you better should consider choosing a Lens Protector.
By all means, UV Protections are also recommendable for Lens Protection. However, it will be more costly to expect the same level of optical benefit with physical protection.
While Lens Protectors provide pure protection, UV filters are used, taking the shooting location and the weather into account.