Samyang 650-1300Mm Zoom Lens (T-Mount Required)
This extreme 650-1300mm F8-16 Manual Focus Lens from Samyang is an economical way to achieve some ultra-telephoto photography, all the way up to 1300mm!
This is a T-mount lens, which means that aperture is not communicated to or controlled by the camera body, and as such must be used only in aperture-priority auto-exposure mode (if your camera has it) or in the manual exposure mode. There are T-mounts available for every modern DSLR system as well as for older film cameras and even C-mount cameras.
It will work on both "full frame" digital cameras as well as the smaller-format APS-C (15 x 22mm) cameras, but has only one effective aperture at any focal length, which varies from F8 at 650mm to F16 at 1300mm. That's not much of a hindrance, however, as you'd likely use this lens at its relatively small maximum aperture in any case.
This lens requires bright light and a high ISO setting on the camera to get a fast shutter speed (or fast film in a film camera), and needs a sturdy tripod or monopod, but can deliver very sharp results if used properly.
- Focal Length: 650 to 1300mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/8 to 16
- Minimum Aperture: f/8 to 16
- Lens Mount: T-Mount
- Format Compatibility: Full-Frame
- Angle of View: 3.8° to 2.0°
- Minimum Focus Distance: 16.4' / 5 m
- Optical Design: 8 Elements in 5 Groups
- Focus Type: Manual Focus
- Image Stabilization: None
- Tripod Collar: Yes
- Filter Size: 95 mm (Front)
- Dimensions: (ø x L) 4.13 x 18.23" / 10.49 x 46.3 cm
- Weight: 4.4 lb / 2 kg